Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Making Money

Most everyone that I know loves making money. Being a stay at home you don't get paid anything. Well that is not completely true, I do get paid in love from my baby boy. Which working moms get the same thing from there kids as well. Looking at it from that point of view they are getting double the income.

I do miss getting a paycheck, that's for sure. Its nice to go cash that check at the end of a hard week. It wouldn't be all that much, but it would pay the bills. Having two incomes sure was very nice. We knew we had money to save and some to just blow on something fun. With me being a stay at home mom this past year, we sure had to tighten the belt on a lot of things.

There has been many times this past year that I was thinking of going back to work. Every time I thought about it though, I knew it just wasn't the right time. I love that my baby is being looked after by the one person who cares about him the most. ME!!!

If I was working, I know we could pay off most all our bills pretty fast. Well maybe not that fast, seeing I would be paying a pretty big day care payment. The last time I checked, it was going to be around $800 a month to put Jeremy in day care. That is a joke. At least one of my checks per month would go straight to them. So its just not worth me working right now.

When Jeremy starts Pre-K I will go back to work and start making a paycheck again. Right now I will keep doing what I love the most, taking care of our son.

Who knows maybe we will win the lottery one day and not have to worry about making money anymore.

You just never know.......


1 comment:

  1. Hi Kelly, welcome to Blogland and thanks for visiting my blog. You came on a quiet 'picture' day, there's usually more to it than that...grins.

    Now to your post. You worked through the situation just like a true mom. Yes, money helps to make life easier but being a mom and looking after your son in the initial stages is of paramount importance. I managed (with difficulty) a year with my son before I was forced to go to work but oh how I loved being with him for his first year. Hope to hear more of your 'mom' experiences.

    ReplyDelete