Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Little Kelly

When I was little almost everyone in my family called me Little Kelly. They always told me I was so little and didn't ever seem to get bigger. I of course didn't mind what my family called me, it showed they loved me I guess. My mom and dad has always to this day called me 'Baby Girl'. I know they love me very much.



As I was growing up it I didn't have the worst childhood ever. I was a shy girl. Did not really speak up or tell anyone how I was feeling. Come to think of it, I still don't do that. I lived with my mom until I was about 7 years old. At that point, my brother and I moved in with my dad. He did a wonderful job giving us a great life, nice roof over our heads and food in our tummies.
I remember almost all the Christmas's at my dad's house.  But there was one that I will always remember. It opened a whole new world for me. When I woke up that Christmas morning, I got to open my very first desktop computer. Wow, did that change everything. From that point on, I loved computers. 

I always wanted to go to school to work with computers. But after high school, I just didn't have the money to go to college. My mom and dad tried to help out, they just didn't have the money. I applied for financial aid and got turned down because my parents make too much money. So I just didn't get to go. I really think they make it very hard to go to college.

After high school, I did some customer service jobs. I really enjoyed them most of the time and made good money doing it. I don't mind being on a computer all day and talking to annoying people on the phones. Sometimes its pretty entertaining listening to other people complain all day.

I have always felt that I haven't given life everything I have. I felt like I was taking the easy way around. I hated feeling that way, but didn't know what to do. There are other times, I kept telling myself that I'm doing the best I can and I am right where I need to be.

Right now in my life, I know I'm right where I need to be. Some people are meant for a college degree and I was not one of them.

I hope I made my family proud of they're "Little Kelly" and the woman she grew up to be.






1 comment:

  1. Don't compare yourself to others. Everyone is successful in their own way. It sounds like your family is very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete