Thursday, May 24, 2012

A Mommy's day out? Whats that?

I hear other moms say they need a mommy's day out. It sounds like a wonderful thing to now and then to be able to go shopping or have a meal with friends without the little ones around. As wonderful as it sounds to have a few hours alone to be myself, I love spending time with Jeremy way to much and would miss him to much. I love taking him places with me.

Its not easy taking Jeremy anywhere though. You have to plan it around his naps and feeding times. Once he has his nap and eats lunch, I know I have a few hours to go to the store before he needs something else. It a lot easier now then it was when he was a infant, thats for sure. I'm sure it will only get better as he grows up.

Eric and I don't have family close by. So Jeremy can't just go hang out with them while we have a "date night". We have only had two nights to be husband and wife since Jeremy was born. It gets pretty hard to be a mommy all day and night while making room to be the wife I need to be. I have heard that you should put your marriage before your children. But I'm doing my best with what I am given.

When it comes down to it, I would rather have Jeremy with us no matter where we go. We are a little family and have to stick together. Eric and I know we love each other. So right now we are going to soak in every minute we can while Jeremy is still little.



1 comment:

  1. Right now my dog is my child. Some people get offended when they hear people say that but I'm not comparing my dog to their child. I recently have started taking my dog to doggie daycare. It has been so hard to leave him there. It really upsets me. I know once I have kids its going to be even harder leaving them mommy's day out or daycare. Its so great that you enjoy spending time with Jeremy. Definitely cherish it!

    ReplyDelete