Monday, May 14, 2012

Almost a year!

When I had Jeremy on May 20th 2011, he came by C-section. I got to see him for a few seconds before they rushed him away to another room. I had no idea what was happening at that point. Of course I was stuck on the table because I was still being put back together. My husband Eric followed the doctor to make sure our son was ok. It was about two hours later that I found out Jeremy had serious lung issues. They put him in the NICU and had him hooked up to breathing tubes and monitors. With in less then 24 hours of my little baby being born we were told that he needs to get to another hospital's NICU as soon as they can. He was transported by helicopter to a very good hospital in Austin. With me just having a C-section and hardly able to walk, I still wanted out to go see my son. I was discharged the next morning, they didn't want to keep mother and baby apart.

When I first walked into the NICU at the new hospital I was so sad. I looked at my son with all these wires and tubes going everywhere. Eric and I made sure to come see him everyday no matter what. He was the only thing that mattered to me anymore.

When Jeremy got to come home for the first time, he was a month old. I remember him being so small. His daddy and me were so scared because we no longer had the nurses helping us out anymore. It was just us taking care of our tiny baby boy.

Fast forward to the present moment,. Jeremy will be one years old this Sunday May 20th. Time has just flown by way to fast. I feel like I'm loosing my little baby boy and he is turning into my wonderful little big boy. He is getting smarter by the day. Being able to stay home with him as given me the chance to see all his "first" times. He is the best thing to happen to me and his daddy. I just can't believe he will be a year old already.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY BABY BOY!!! We love you so much!

1 comment:

  1. Awe, happy birthday, Jeremy, a few days late! I am so glad that you get to be a stay at home mom. You never get a second chance at time gone by. They grow up so fast :-)

    ReplyDelete